Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Egg-White Omelet with goat cheese


Well this one cause a debate in our house.  I thought it was absolutely delicious and Logan couldn't even finish his he hated it so much.  I guess sometimes things just come down to personal taste.  Anyway if you love a western omelet and you love goat cheese this is the perfect combo, top it off with some toast and a cup of coffee and you have yourself a perfect breakfast.  In my opinion at least.  Logan said it was too mushy tasting for him (he didn't give it much of a shot...2 bites is all).  I would attribute the mushiness to the goat cheese and egg whites, but to be honest I didn't think it was mushy at all.  So you will just have to try this one for yourself to settle this debate...hope someone enjoys it as much as I did...this is a new breakfast staple for me!

8 large egg whites (1 cup) I used egg white substitute 
2 T water
S&P
2 tsp olive oil
2 heaping T goat cheese
4-6 T salsa

Whisk egg whites with water, season with S&P.
Heat oil in a skillet.  Add half the egg white mixture; cook pulling eggs from edges with a flexible spatula to allow runny parts to run underneath and cook.  Do this until nearly set, 2-3 min.  Top with half the cheese and salsa.  Gently slide omelet onto a plate, tipping skillet to fold over omelet.  Repeat with remaining ingredients. 

Easy and delicious!

Logan Rating:  No stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!