Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

More Stuffed Stuff...Almond Apricot Chicken



Apparently stuffing is really not my strong point, because like with the french toast, stuffing this chicken was not an easy feat.  This is definitely a recipe that I would normally never make, mostly because of the apricots, but in the spirit of this blog I decided to do it.  I had fears that it would be disgusting and Logan would look at me after the first bite and wonder what the hell I was thinking?  But that did NOT happen, it was actually quite delicious.  I really enjoyed the apricots, Logan liked them, but said he liked the bites with less apricots better, which is definitely a success in my book!  I served the chicken with some roasted vegetables, which were AWESOME!  Roasted veggies are on of my favorite things, I can thank my uncle Dug (who taught me pretty much everything I know about cooking) for getting me started on basic roasted veggies in the oven with olive oil and salt and pepper.  This roasted veg recipe was actually in the book, so I was able to kill two birds with one stone here, SWEET!  I have to finish up this blog quickly now, because I have a hair appointment in an hour....so no more blabbing!


Why can't I ever get my food to look like the pictures in the book?  False advertising!


Roasted Root Vegetables
1 butternut squash
2lbs potatoes 
1lb red onion
1lb carrots
5 garlic cloves, crushed
3TBS olive oil 
S&P





Preheat oven to 450.  Divide veggies and garlic between two baking sheets, toss with olive oil and S&P.
Roast until veggies are tender and beginning to brown, about 40-50min.  Toss veggies and rotate sheets from top to bottom halfway through.



Almond Apricot Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup sliced almonds ( I used a lot less)
2 oz goat cheese (I used feta because I had it on hand)
4 dried apricots cut into 1/4in pieces
S&P
1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 large egg
1TBS olive oil


Preheat oven to 375 (I started the veggies ahead of time so they were done by the time I had to put the chicken in).  Cut a slit in the side of each breast to create a pocket.  

In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup almonds with goat cheese and apricots.  Stuff each breast with the mixture, season with S&P.  
On a plate combine bread crumbs and remaining almonds.  Dip each breast in the egg, then dredge in bread mixture.  
Heat oil in a large ovenproof non-stick skillet (I had to transfer mine from the pan to a oven-safe dish).  Cook the chicken until golden 3-4 min on each side.  Transfer to the oven and bake about 15 min or until cooked through.  EAT! :) 



mmmmm mmmmmmm GOOD!

Logan Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!