Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Spicy Beef Fajitas...first day of work.




Well on Monday I managed to be a working woman and still put a delicious dinner on the table.  I pretty much already knew I was capable of doing this since nursing school is a lot like a full time job most of the time.  Anyway, both Logan and I love Mexican food, aside from anything Asian it is probably our favorite.  So I usually try to include something Mexican at least once a week in my meal planning, this week I did 2...a nice treat!  Fajitas and tacos are always an easy quick meal, but these happen to be better than your average fajitas, maybe I was just craving beef (usually I use chicken) or maybe they really are that good!  I generally don't use a fresh jalapeño, because I usually just don't have them on hand, but I think it made all the difference with this one, gave it that depth of heat that it really needs.  The jalapeño also succeeded in seeping into the cracks of my hands and burning me for days...rude jalapeño, just rude!  Next time I'm wearing gloves, I don't care how wussy that sounds!  Anyway enjoy this awesome and easy meal.

Spicy Beef Fajitas
8 flour tortillas (6 in)
1 T vegetable oil
2 yellow or red bell peppers sliced 
1 red onion
4 garlic cloves
1 to 2 jalapeños, very thinly slice crosswise (My uncle Dug will be disappointed but I only used one...)
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp coriander
S&P
1 lb cooked flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
2 T lime juice

Hold each tortilla with tongs over a gas burner flame until warm.  You could also wrap them in foil and put them in the oven to warm them, but the flame gives them extra flavor and I would highly recommend it.  
Heat oil in large skillet, add peppers, onion, garlic, jalapeño, cumin and coriander; season with S&P.  Cook until veggies are tender and browned, about 5-7 min.  Add steak and cook until heated through, about 2 min. Add lime juice and stir.  Serve beef mixture with tortillas and accompaniments as desired (we did sour cream, salsa, cheese and cilantro).

Logan Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!