Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Friday, May 14, 2010

Backyard BBQ (Spinach with orzo and feta)

Well, I managed to kill two birds with one stone again, which is great.  We were invited to a backyard BBQ at some very good friends new house, what a blast we had!  The theme was baseball and BBQ so anything that related to either one was game.  I decided that a pasta salad sounded great so I ventured into my cookbooks to find one.  I had no luck finding your run of the mill, everyday pasta salad, but I did find something that I thought everyone would enjoy.  And they did!  I made a double batch and I only came home with a few spoonfuls, that has to be a good sign right?  Logan on the other hand was not as big of a fan, but in my defense he only had one bite RIGHT after it was done, so it was still hot...oh well his loss! :)  Hope you all enjoy, this is a great summer salad!

1/2 lb orzo pasta
1 lb spinach, trimmed and chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1-2TBS fresh lemon juice
1 TBS olive oil
S&P

In a large pot of boiling water, cook orzo according to package directions.  Stir in the spinach until wilted (I actually sautéed the spinach with some S&P, olive oil and garlic).  In a large bowl, toss the orzo and spinach with the remaining ingredients.  Season with S&P.

We were in a hurry so I was only able to snap this one quick picture...it will have to suffice.

Logan Rating: **

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!