Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pizza Pizza! (Roasted root vegetable pizza)

I am a huge fan of utilizing leftovers for new meals.  Not only does it save me time, but money also and those are two things that I love to save!  So this week I decided to turn last night's roasted vegetables into a pizza... OK so the cookbook helped me decide this, but I'd like to take some of the credit.  This was so quick and easy and turned out to be a very filling pizza, even without meat!  I feel like I could never go wrong with pizza...there are 3 more recipes in the book that I know of for pizza so I will be able to test that hypothesis for sure.  Hope you all enjoy!

Roasted Vegetable Pizza
1lb pizza dough
8oz mozzarella
6 cups roasted veg (I used what was leftover which was NOT 6 cups...maybe 2)
1 cup ricotta (fat free if you want)
1 TBS fresh rosemary (I used a little dried and it was perfect)
S&P
olive oil

Preheat oven to 475.  Stretch dough into an oval or whatever shaped desired.  Sprinkle dough evenly with half of the mozzarella.  Scatter veggies on top, then dollop with ricotta.  Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and rosemary.  Drizzle with olive oil...or skip if you don't want the extra calories.  Season with S&P.  Back for 20-25 min or until crust is golden.




































I just tackled my first baking recipe out of the book...it turned out great!!!! More to come on this one...
Logan Rating: ****

1 comment:

  1. I am drooling on my computer over all these amazingly simple recipes! I'm in love with your blog and your foody delights :) Great work, keep em comin!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!