Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pork Tenderloin with Mustard Sauce

Another great meal here at the Cashman-King residence!  We have a house guest, a good friend Amy, so it was fun to have a guest for dinner.  I was getting some criticism about the Logan ratings (from my dad of course)...he says he thinks they are skewed.  He can't believe that all the things I've made so far could be 3 or 4 stars out of 5...he thinks that maybe Logan is not being allowed to share his true opinion.  I was thinking maybe he is right, so I told Logan to be brutally honest.  He said he has been...and that everything has been really good so far.  Who knows maybe he's just afraid of not being fed...so says my dad...its a distinct possibility.  Oh well we will just continue trusting his ratings I suppose.  Anyway onto the food...this was a very easy and very delicious meal, in my opinion.  I have yet to do something very time consuming out of this book, which is awesome!  This one a put it in the oven and forget about it kind of a thing...I suppose you could do it in a crock pot too and then you could really forget about it.  ENJOY!

1 TBS olive oil
2 pork tenderloins (1lb each)-I used one large 3 pounder
S&P
1/4 cup whole-grained mustard
2 TBS Dijon
2 TBS reduced fat sour cream (or fat free)

Heat the oil in a skillet.  Season pork with S&P, cook until browned on all sides, 5-6 min.  Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook turning the pork occasionally, until an thermometer reads 150, about 20-25 min.  Let meat rest for 10 min.  (I didn't follow these directions....I just seasoned my meat and put it straight into the oven at 450 for about an hour and 15).
To the skillet add both mustards, sour cream and any pork juices from the pan, whisk over medium heat until heated through.  Add water if sauce is too thick.

Mixed Green Salad with Citrus Dressing
2TBS fresh orange juice
1TBS honey
1TBS minced shallot
2tsp white-wine vinegar
S&P
2TBS olive oil
Mixed greens
I added soy nuts

Combine all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until emulsified.  Toss with mixed greens.

Logan Rating:**** (Even after our discussion! haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!