Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rigatoni with Sausage and Parsley


I didn't feel much like cooking this night, so instead of the meal I was planning on making I switched it up with this pasta that was planned for later in the week.  It was VERY quick and simple, which made me VERY happy!  Yes I am human, even though I love to cook I still have nights where I really just want to call up the pizza delivery guy...this was one of them.  I don't like to buy white pasta so I substituted penne in this dish, since for some reason they don't make rigatoni pasta in the whole wheat variety...LAME!  I'm not sure why this is so...but there are several pasta shapes that I am unable to find in whole wheat..anyone know why?  It seems to me that all you'd need to do is change a few things on the machinery and ta dah...rigatoni..but I guess not!  Anyway I won't rant...this dish was actually better than I expected it to be.  It looked nothing like the picture. Partly because of the different pasta, but mostly because I don't know how they got theirs so colorful, maybe they had mutant red onions...who knows!  Anyway we ended up liking it a lot more than we thought we would, which is awesome and exactly why I am doing this blog.  Actually the last 3 or 4 things I've made, Logan says afterwards that he thought for sure he was going to hate it....but that he was pleasantly surprised at how much he liked it.  Mission accomplished!!!!!  Hope you all enjoy it!  LET ME KNOW, is anyone cooking these recipes? Hope so!

1 lb Italian spicy sausage, removed from casings and crumbled
2 med red onions, sliced
1 can 14.5oz chicken broth
S&P
1 lb rigatoni (or other short tubular pasta)
3 cups packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves (I only used 1 cup and it was plenty!)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese.

Cook sausage until browned, about 5 min.  Reduce heat to medium and add the onions; cook until the onions are caramelized, 10-12 min.


Add the chicken broth and cook until heated through, about 5 min.
Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente.  Drain and return to the pot. 


Add the sausage mixture, parsley and parmesan to the pasta, toss to combine.  Season with S&P.


Yea ok everyday food...how did you get your red onions to stay so freaking red??? They can't be from this planet!!!!

Logan Rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!