Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Another quick one...

While this recipe does count towards the challenge, it was another quick meal at the Cashman-King household.  Last night we decided to go to see Iron Man 2, which was AWESOME!  But because of this we were forced to do another quick meal, this one took about 25 min from start to finish.  So I guess it wasn't really that quick but faster than some of the others I've been doing lately.  Despite the cooking time this dish was GREAT!  I was very pleasantly surprised at the amount of depth in the flavor, it tasted as if I slow cooked it for hours.  So I feel like everything I make, I LOVE so in order to prevent bias in this blog we are adding a LOGAN rating system.  Since he is my best critic and well the only person that eats every one of my meals I figured he'd be the best for the job.  After promising that there would be no repercussions for a low rating, he agreed.  So there will now be a Logan rating at the bottom of every blog post, it will be out of 5 stars, 5 being the BEST!  I'm assuming there will be a good rating for this one, because after his first bite, Logan said "this is the best spaghetti I've ever had!".  Also if anyone makes these recipes for themselves and/or their loved ones please post a comment and let me know what you thought!  THANKS again for reading...if anyone is ;)  Now to the best part...THE FOOD!

I like to include the picture from the cookbook just in case you don't find my photos very appetizing.  A photographer friend will hopefully be giving me a refresher so that these pics will be much improved SOON! :)







Spaghetti with Three-Tomato Sauce
1lb spaghetti
1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
(chopped, oil reserved)
4 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
1 can (28oz) whole peeled tomatoes
1lb cherry tomatoes, halved

Cook spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.  Drain, reserving one cup of the pasta water, return to the pot.
Meanwhile, heat 2 TBS sun-dried tomato oil in a large saucepan.  Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, 30 sec.  Add canned tomatoes (with juice) and sun-dried tomatoes.  Simmer about 15 min.  Add the cherry tomatoes (I used some romas that I had on hand), simmer until soft, about 10 min.  Add the pasta to the sauce, season with S&P (yes I realize Rachel Ray coined this, but its a nice shortcut).  Toss, adding pasta water as desired.  ENJOY!
Logan's Rating:  ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!