Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Redemption! Pork chops with bok choy!

Ok so I swear I have been cooking, I've just been super lazy about blogging it, which I swore I wouldn't do..BUT I guess sometimes life just gets away from me.  I needed a meal to get me back on track after my last two failures.  So here it is, not fantastic, but definitely a good meal.  We have bok choy in the garden so i was super excited to use it.  Logan wasn't really a fan, but he is kind of prejudice since he generally doesn't like green things.  I thought it was pretty good, but would have been better on the grill.  I was planning on making this meal on the grill, but when we started it we realized it was out of gas so plan B was the cast iron grill on the stove.  This worked just fine, I just didn't get the flavor I was looking for with the bok choy.  This is a a good summer meal, the pork was delicious!  And I could see it being REALLY good with some grilled corn.  ENJOY!
Honey Soy Grilled Pork Chops with Crunchy Bok Choy
1 cup long grain white rice ( I used brown)
2 T rice vinegar
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
S&P
2 T honey
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp fresh ginger
vegetable oil for grill (or pam)
4 bone-in pork chops
4 heads of baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
1 T toasted sesame oil

Heat grill to high.  Meanwhile, cook rice until tender according to package.  Fluff with a fork, then stir in vinegar and red pepper flakes; season with salt.  Cover and keep warm



While the rice is cooking, make the glaze; stir together honey, soy sauce and ginger, season with S&P.  When grill is hot, lightly oil grates.  Season pork with S&P.  Grill until meat thermometer reads 145, about 7 min per side, depends on size of chop.  Brush pork with glaze and grill 30 sec more per side.  Drizzle bok choy with sesame oil and season with S&P, toss to coat.  Grill until lightly charred on both sides and leaves begin to wilt, 1-3 min.  Serve with rice. 



Logan Rating:  ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!