Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Saturday, May 29, 2010

First Disaster...Steamed Cod with ginger and scallions


Well unfortunately this is the first meal from these cookbooks that neither of us really enjoyed.  When I looked at the recipe I thought it was something we were going to LOVE.  Whats not to love?  Fish, ginger, soy sauce, all things we love.  And this meal was very quick and easy, but it just didn't turn our very tasty.  In the recipe they have you season the fish with S&P and I think I would skip that step if I ever made this again, because the dish was WAY too salty combined with the soy sauce.  I feel like I want to try this again, just because I feel like I failed...so ya never know maybe I will.  I actually used Tilapia instead of Cod, just because it was cheaper at the store.  So maybe I would follow the recipe exactly next time and see if that helped...who knows.  I guess they all can't be winners right???

3 T rice vinegar
2 T soy sauce
2 T finely grated fresh ginger
4 skinless cod fillets
S&P
6 scallions

In a large skillet with a tight fitting lid combine vinegar, soy sauce and ginger.  Season both sides of cod fillets with salt and pepper (I would skip this step); place in skillet.  Bring liquid to boil; reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cover and cook for about 6-8 min. 
Meanwhile, cut green parts of scallions into 3 inch lengths; thinly slice lengthwise.  Scatter over fish; cover and cook until scallions are just wilted, about 2 min more.  


Maybe someone will make this right and let me know what I did wrong...

Logan Rating: *



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!