Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Friday, May 21, 2010

Egg in a Hole

Whether you call it an egg in a hole, egg in a nest, a hole in one....it is still one of my favorite breakfast staples.  This is something I discovered a few years ago and absolutely love the ease and convenience of it.  I've been making it for years and it just happened to be in one of these cookbooks, so tad-ah another recipe bites the dust! If you haven't ever tried this breakfast favorite, you definitely should.  It won't take any longer than a fried egg to cook and if you don't like a runny yoke it makes for a very portable breakfast.  Not that I'm suggesting eating and driving or anything...just saying ;)  

I'm not working today and we have some friends coming into town for the weekend, which is going to be a blast!  So along with the inevitable cleaning I will also be doing lots of grocery shopping as well as COOKING today...might throw in a bit of baking even...we shall see.  So more posts to come, I promise!  Happy Friday to all!!!!





1 slice whole wheat bread
1tsp olive oil (I actually used spray "I can't believe it's not butter")
1 large egg
(We are lucky enough to have some chickens in our backyard, so this is a VERY fresh egg...harvested just this morning...and it was still warm when I got it! ewww gross haha)

Cut a hole in the piece of bread either with a cookie cutter or the rim of a glass.  Heat the olive oil in a pan and then place the bread and the hole that you cut out into the pan.  Crack the egg in the hole and season with S&P.  Cook until the egg begins to set, about 2-3 min, gently flip the egg and bread, continue cooking until the egg is cooked to your preference.  Serve with hot sauce or cheese if desired. 
Logan Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!