Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, May 6, 2010

I've already screwed up!

Well I thought I was already a professional blogger, but I got a rude awakening when I just lost my first post.  I had the whole thing typed and then whooops gone!  Oh well here I go again...
One of my favorite things to do is browse through cooking blogs and I have wanted to be a part of this world for a long time.  I've always been hesitant because I wondered who would really want to read what I have to say???  Well with a little nudge from an old friend (you know who you are) and realizing that it doesn't really matter who reads it....here I go!  I love to cook and even more I love to make my favorite foods healthy!  I often augment recipes in order to fit them into my "diet" aka healthy lifestyle change.  I really love to cook with fresh ingredients in a healthy way.  I'm not really one to make up my own recipes, I guess you could say I'm not a true cook that way.  I have wanted to cook through a cookbook ever since I saw the movie Julie & Julia.  I'm sure you are all familiar with this popular flick based on a true story.  While I'm not quite ambitious enough to tackle Julia Child, I thought Martha Stewart would be doable.  Well it's not REALLY Martha, but its the everday food collection "from the kitchens of Martha Stewart"...so who knows who really came up with these recipes...all I know is they look delicious!  I've decided not to put the added pressure of a deadline on this project, because while I would have loved to do 500 recipes in 500 days...I have a life!  I know myself too well and I know how necessary leftovers and pizza delivery men can be in my life! :-)  So what I will do is cook through these cookbooks...cover to cover...how long that will take is a mystery.  Now that I have completed my junior year of nursing school (finals were done Tuesday!)  I will have lots more time to dedicate to this project!   I can't wait to get started...in fact, I better go figure out whats for dinner!  Thanks to all that read this and heres to hoping I inspire someone else like all the other bloggers inspired me!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!