Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pasta and Easy Italian Meat Sauce

This will be a quick post, because I got a nanny job yesterday (YAYYYY) and I have to go to work at 12.  So I'm fitting this in quick while I drink my coffee.  Last night was another easy dinner...I've been pretty lazy lately, not sure what the deal is with that considering I haven't been doing much.  OH WELL!  I promise next week I'll be better about my blog posts.  This is a super easy spaghetti recipe that was really good.  I think spaghetti always tastes better when you make your own sauce, vs. the Ragu from a jar.  Even if it isn't slow cooked, its still delicious!   Try this one out on a night when you really don't feel like cooking, thats how easy it is.  ENJOY!
4T butter
1T olive oil
1 carrot, grated
1 onion 
2 garlic cloves
3/4lb ground beef
1 28oz can whole tomatoes
1/2cup milk
1 bay leaf
1/2tsp dried thyme
1/4tsp nutmeg
S&P
1lb fettuccine
parmesan for serving

Heat butter and oil in a saucepan(I used about 2T oil and 1T butter).  Add the carrot, onion and garlic sauté until soft.  Add the beef and cook until browned, about 5 min.  Add the tomatoes and their liquid, crushing them in the pan.  Stir in the milk, bay leaf, thyme, nutmeg and 1/2tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Simmer for 20 minutes.  Meanwhile in a large pot of boiling water cook pasta until al dente.  Strain and add to sauce, toss and serve with parmesan. 

Logan Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!