Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Sunday, June 13, 2010

MORE Pizza Pizza Pizza!

Oh how I love Pizza!  I realize it isn't the healthiest of choices, but every once in a while I just NEED it...all you women out there, you know what I mean.  So funny story...remember how last week I couldn't find arugula anywhere?  Well apparently we grow it in the garden, and theres TONS of it, so that worked out pretty nicely, since I couldn't find it in the store this week either.  

Thank god for our amazing landlords and neighbors!  Anyway this pizza turned out awesome.  While I usually like a lot of veggies and not a ton of meat on my pizza, this was a compromise and it worked really well.  The arugula balanced the salami really well.  Alright I'm not even going to try to explain why this pizza was so good, you're just going to have to try it out for yourself.  One thing I will say though, is that if you are in town here in Missoula I HIGHLY recommend picking up some pizza dough from le petit because it is fantastic.  You can get it at the good food store and rosauers...DO IT I dare you!

Salami Olive Pizza
1 lb pizza dough
2/3 cup tomato sauce
1 cup packed arugula leaves
12 thin slices salami
2 T slivered black olives
8 oz mozzarella cheese (we used less)

Preheat oven to 475.  Brush rimless baking sheet with oil.  Using your hands, gently stretch dough into an 8x10in oval.  (Luckily I have a pizza dough expert on hand)

Brush edge of dough with oil.  Top with tomato sauce, arugula, salami, olives and cheese.  

Bake, until crust is golden brown, about 10-12 min.  FEAST!

Logan Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!