Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Smoothie Breakfast

..
So this challenge consists of 4 different smoothies, so I decided this week was the week to try one, probably because of all the sunshine.  I used to drink protein shakes/smoothies every morning before class...I'm pretty sure this is why I haven't had a smoothie for a long time.  I halved the recipe, since I was only making one for myself, but do not worry my friends I saved half for Logan to try.  Which just shows you how much this recipe actually makes.  It was really good as far as smoothies go, very filling, I added a little whey protein which I'm sure helped in that department.  Also I used frozen peaches and fresh strawberries and because the peaches were frozen I did not add ice, I think it would have been too much.  All in all this was a really good on the go summer breakfast, but I probably wouldn't start making it everyday or anything.

Peach Strawberry Smoothies
2 ripe peaches
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
1 cup milk
3 T nonfat dry milk powder
1-2 tsp sugar
1 cup ice

In a blender, combine peaches with strawberries, milk, milk powder, and sugar.  Add ice;  puree on high speed until smooth.  Makes 2. 



Logan Rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!