Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, June 24, 2010

I love Summer! Turkey burgers and cucumber salad.


I think that grilling is one of my favorite summer activities.  I feel like you can't screw it up, if you grill it, it will be awesome.  While I'm sure there are some exceptions to this rule, so far it has rung true for me, therefore we are grilling A LOT.  This is just another one of those fantastic grilled meals.  I'm very glad I decided to pair this with a cucumber salad, because the burger is pretty hefty and definitely doesn't need a hefty side dish.  The cucumber salad was the perfect light side and SO summery!  I grew up on cucumber salad with vinegar, so was a bit skeptical of this recipe, but I absolutely loved it and will definitely be making this all summer long!  A quick tip about the burgers, don't skip the step of oiling the grates and/or brushing a little oil on the burgers, because turkey is so lean they WILL stick the the grill...I may have learned this the hard way! ;)  
Onto some important business...
If you are reading this blog, are you a follower?  If not its super easy, just go ahead and click the "follow" button on the right, I'd love to see all of you that are reading, PLUS then you can comment if you are making these or if you have any suggestions or thoughts.  Now I say this is easy, but I know a certain someone who will remain nameless that has been trying to figure out how to do it for weeks...so if you are technologically impaired you may have trouble, but for the rest of you this should be a very simple task.  HOPEFULLY there are some more readers out there, if not, oh well I will just keep blogging! :)
Alright now onto the FOOD.

Favorite Turkey Burgers
1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
1/2 cup finely grated Gruyère cheese
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
S&P
oil, for grates
4 hamburger buns

Heat grill to high.  Use a fork to combine turkey with the Gruyère, scallions, breadcrumbs, dijon, and garlic; season generously with S&P.  Divide this mixture evenly into 4 patties.  
 
Lightly oil the grill and/or the patties.  Place the patties on the hottest part of the grill; sear until browned, 1-2 min per side.  Move the patties to the cooler part of the grill; continue grilling until cooked through, 5-10 min per side.  Split the buns and toast on the grill if desired; place burger on each bun and serve with accompaniments that you enjoy.
Serves 4.



Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream and Dill
1/2 cup sour cream ( I use fat free)
2 T fresh lemon juice
2 T finely chopped fresh dill (spring for the fresh it definitely makes a difference)
S&P
4-6 cucumbers, (1lb) halved lengthwise and thinly sliced into half moons

Combine sour cream, lemon juice, and chopped dill.  Season with salt and pepper and whisk well until combined.  Add cucumbers and toss to coat.  Serve or refrigerate.
Serves 4.



Thanks again for reading!  Look forward to meeting some new followers...hopefully! ;)

Logan Rating: 
Burgers:****
Salad: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!