Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ribs and mouthwatering homemade BBQ!!!



I know your mouth is watering right now!  Alright everyone, I am going on record and saying this is by far the best recipe SO FAR.  I can't even explain the deliciousness, you will just have to make it and see for yourself.  I've always loved ribs, so that was a good start, but this homemade BBQ put this recipe over the edge.  This is I think one of the best BBQ sauces I have ever had and it was definitely finger lickin' good.  The only thing that would have made this meal better is some fresh sweet corn, which next time I will definitely have.  I also think that next time I will bake the ribs longer at a lower temp, to make them more tender, but they were pretty darn amazing as is.  If nothing else you should make this BBQ sauce, because it is easy and ABSOLUTELY devine.  There is tons leftover, so I'm already thinking of what I'm going to use it for next week.  You can store it in the fridge for up to a month, and I'm sure even longer.  The mashed potatoes were awesome also.  They call for horseradish, which I would have never thought of, but was awesome.  I'm telling you this meal was amazing.  Somebody make it and tell me what you think.  Is anyone cooking these out there?  I know I've asked this before, but I'm going to keep asking until you start cooking! :)  ENJOY!  

Pork Ribs with Barbecue Sauce
2 slabs baby back pork ribs (1-1 1/2 lbs each)-I used one 2lb rack
S&P
vegetable oil, for grill
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (recipe below)

Preheat oven to 400.  Season ribs all over with S&P.  Stack slabs on a large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil; seal tightly, and place on a rimmed baking sheet.  Cook until meat is fork tender, about 1 1/2 hours.  
Heat grill to medium high; lightly oil grates.  Remove ribs from foil; brush with sauce coating rounded side well.  Grill until nicely browned, turning once, 3-4 min.  Serve with additional sauce on the side.  Serves 4.


This is how Rylie sits at my feet whenever I'm making any type of meat.

Barbecue Sauce
1 T olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 T mustard powder
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (I used about 1 1/2 tsp)
3 T light brown sugar
2 cups ketchup
1 cup worcestershire sauce
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 T unsulfured molasses
1/4 tsp pepper

In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium.  Add onion and garlic; cook until softened and translucent, about 5 min.  Stir in mustard powder and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring, 30 sec.


Anyone who knows me knows that any recipe that calls for 2 cups of ketchup is MY kind of recipe! :)

Reduce heat to medium low; stir in brown sugar, ketchup, worcestershire, vinegar, molasses, and pepper.  Cook, until thickened, 5-10 min.  Use immediately or let cool completely before transferring to an airtight container and refrigerating up to one month.  Makes 3 cups.


Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
2 lbs new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
salt
3/4 cup milk
4 T unsalted butter (I used low fat spread)
2 T horseradish

In a large saucepan, cover potatoes with water.  Bring to a boil; add salt, and reduce to a simmer.  Cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 20-25 min.  Drain; return to pan and cook stirring until dry, 1-2min.  

In a small saucepan, bring milk to a simmer.  Pour over potatoes, and add butter and horseradish; mash potatoes with a potato masher or two forks.  Then season with salt.  If necessary cook over medium heat until thickened.  Serves 4. 


Logan Rating: *****
Thats right folks, two fives in a row...shall we go for 3?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!