Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Beef and Orange Stir Fry


Hello all, ok I'm trying to get back on track here...I haven't been blogging nearly as much as I should, but rest assured I have been cooking.  So yet again I have a backlog of recipes to share with you.  This being one of them.  We made this sometime this past week and it is just a great staple meal, something I feel like everyone would like.  I chose to serve it with Chinese egg noodles, but you could use rise or even lettuce cups if you want.  These noodles were fantastic!  I had never tried them before, and we loved them!  This picture doesn't do this dish service...it needs more color...next time I think I would save some orange slices to garnish with because the ones you put in the dish do not stay in one piece.  They taste great, but aren't pretty by the end of the cooking process.  Oh well...not everything can look like the picture in the cookbook...OH WAIT nothing of mine ever does!  Still delicious, so I guess its ok.  ENJOY!
3 oranges
2 garlic cloves minced
2 T soy sauce
1 1/2 lbs trimmed boneless sirloin or rib eye ( I used a much cheaper cut of meat)
1 T cornstarch
1-2 T canola oil (or olive)
6 scallions, green parts only

Finely grate zest of one orange into a small bowl; add the juice of that orange to the bowl.  Add garlic and soy sauce.  
With a sharp knife, peel the remaining two oranges.  Slice the oranges crosswise 1/2 in thick, then halve the slices.  Discard any seeds.  Set aside.


In a medium bowl , toss meat with cornstarch until coated.  Heat 1 T oil in a skillet over high heat.  Cook meat until browned, about 3-5 min.  Transfer to a plate. 

Pour the juice mixture into the skillet, and boil until syrupy, about 1 min.  Return beef to skillet; add orange slices and scallions.  Toss until coated and heated through.  Serve with rice or noodles. 


Logan Rating: ****


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!