Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Not good date food...

I guess we really like garlic, but again I will warn you this is not date food, unless your date is a vampire and you are trying to ward him off...then this would be a great meal for your date!  I'm still in the Halloween mood! :)  Anyway this is another meal that spends the majority of its cooking time in the oven, not needing any babysitting.  So if you will be around the house and have about an hour to wait for your dinner, but don't feel like putting much effort into it, this is your meal!  Served with some fresh bread and a veggie, a very staple meal.
ENJOY!

Garlic Roasted Chicken Breasts
4 heads garlic
8 sprigs fresh oregano
2 whole roaster chicken breasts (i just used bone in chicken breasts)
2 T olive oil
S&P

Preheat oven to 400.  Slice tops from garlic heads, reserving the bottoms; arrange tops, cut sides down, in center of an 11x17in roasting pan.  Place 1 sprig of oregano over each garlic top and arrange the chicken breasts over the garlic. 

Place reserved garlic bottoms, cut sides up, next to the chicken in the pan.  Drizzle chicken and garlic bottoms with the olive oil.   Season the chicken with salt and pepper; place remaining 4 sprigs of oregano on top.


Roast for 30 min; turn garlic bottoms cut sides down, and rotate pan.  Continue roasting chicken until meat is 165 degrees, about 30 min more.  
Pour pan juices over the chicken to serve. 

Logan Rating: ****

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you used rosemary, not oregano? Then again, I've only seen oregano in a little jar all crushed up! Please confirm, though. Thanks Paige!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct! Sorry! I forgot to clarify that, I did use rosemary because it's what I had on hand that was fresh and I LOVE rosemary! :) But oregano would be good too I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!