Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Another lost recipe

This is one that I made a long time ago, that I guess I forgot about because I don't have pictures of it, so I apologize for that.  It was good, nothing amazing, but very good heat which is always a plus in our house.  I substituted fat free half & half for the heavy cream, I just can't do heavy cream, makes me cringe how much fat it has in it.  Other than that I followed the recipe and got a pretty tasty chicken meal.  The nice thing about this one is that it only has 6 ingredients and most of them are common things that you always have your house, the poblanos are probably the only thing you'd have to buy.  Serve this with rice mixed with chopped fresh cilantro and scallions and you have a quick and easy meal.   Hope you enjoy this one...I think I might make it again when I don't have much time to make a meal (since its so quick), we seem to always have chicken laying around.
ENJOY!

Chicken with Poblano Cream Sauce
1 poblano chile
2 T canola oil (or olive)
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/3 cup heavy cream 
S&P
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6oz each)

Roast chile over a as burner or under a broiler, until charred all over.  Wrap in a paper towel, let steam in there for 5 min.  Rub off the skin; remove the seeds and ribs.  Chop coarsely. 
Heat 1 T of oil in small saucepan over med heat; add onion and garlic; cook until soft, 5-7 min.  Add chile and cream.
Puree in a blender; add water if too thick. Season with S&P.
Season chicken with S&P, heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet over med-high heat.  Cook until golden, 4-5 min per side.  Serve with sauce.  

Logan Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!