Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Not Logan's Favorite...

When I started this blog I thought there would be a lot of things that Mr. Logan wouldn't like, but so far there really haven't been that many.  This was definitely one of them.  And since I'm so used to making awesome food for him, I was kind of disappointed when he said he didn't like it.  Made me feel a little like a failure...until I realized that I thought it was pretty good and that the majority of the meal was cooked veggies...which he's not a huge fan of.  So while I was initially feeling like a failure, I'm now realizing that you just can't please everyone with every meal, which is also why I think its fun when you guys make these and give me feedback.  It's interesting to see what different people think about the meals.  SO please make this one and let me know.  I personally was a huge fan of the cauliflower, for me it was like a good substitute for mashed potatoes.  The chicken was okay, I thought it tasted really good just nothing super special...except for the fresh tomatoes from the garden which were so sweet and delicious.  Have fun cooking!
ENJOY!

Chicken with Tomatoes, Olives and Cilantro
1 T olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
S&P
1 onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup pitted green olives, halved
1 T fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh cilantro

Heat oil over med heat.  Season chicken with S&P and cook until browned and just cooked through, 10-15 min.  Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with aluminum foil.

Cook onion until softened 5-7 min.  Add tomatoes and olives; cook until tomatoes soften and release their juice, 1-2 min.  Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro.  Season with S&P.

Serves 4.

Cauliflower Gratin
3 slices white sandwich bread, torn into large pieces
2 T coarsely grated parmesan cheese
3 T unsalted butter
1/3 cup all purpose flour
2 cups milk
1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
S&P
1 cup coarsely grated gruyere cheese (4oz)

Preheat oven to 350.  In a food processor pulse bread and parm until coarse crumbs form.


In a large saucepan, melt butter over med heat.  Add flour; cook whisking constantly, 1 min.  Gradually whisk in milk.  Add cauliflower and season with S&P.  Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.  Cover and cook until cauliflower is starting to soften, about 5 min.  Remove from heat; gradually stir in gruyere. 


Transfer cauliflower mixture to a 2 qt baking dish, sprinkle evenly with bread crumbs.  Cover with foil; bake until cauliflower is tender, about 20min.  Remove foil and continue baking until bread crumbs are golden brown, about 20 min more.  
Serves 4.

Logan Rating: * (Chicken) **(Gratin)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!