Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Spicy goodness

So I was just sitting here thinking about how I should do some studying and I realized that blogging would be a great distraction.  So here I go...there's always time for homework later right? ;)  Anyway this is a quick version of a traditional Mexican soup and it was awesome.  It had such a great smoky spice from the chipotles and it would be a perfect soup for when you are sick, definitely help to clear out your sinuses.  But you don't have to be sick to eat this, you should definitely try it, because I'm telling you this is SO GOOD!  I've never used hominy before, but was really pleased with the texture it added to the soup.  I also added some frozen corn, just because I love corn and I had some...it was good.  But hey, don't take my word for it...TRY IT!
ENJOY!

Chipotle Pork Posole
1 T olive oil
1 pork tenderloin, halved crosswise
S&P
1 onion, coarsely chopped
 2 garlic cloves, minced
1 T minced canned chipotles in adobo
2 cans (14.5oz each) chicken broth
2 cans (15.5 oz) hominy, drained and rinsed
1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes in juice
2 cups water
1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, for garnish
lime wedges, for serving (optional)

In a large pot, heat oil over med.  Season pork all over with S&P.  Cook until browned on all sides, 6-7 min. Transfer pork to a plate.
Add onion and garlic to pot; season with S&P.  Cook over med stirring occasionally until onion begins to soften, 4-5 min.
Add chipotle chiles; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 min.  Add chicken broth, hominy, tomatoes with their juice, pork, and the water.  Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer.  Cook until thermometer reads 145, about 5 min.  

Remove pork and shred with two forks; return to pan, and stir to combine.  To serve, ladle soup into bowls, and garnish with cilantro.  Serve with lime wedges if desired.  

Logan Rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!