Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Kinda like Alfredo...but BETTER

Ok, so its only my opinion, but I really think this pasta is just as good if not BETTER than Alfredo pasta.  Not only do I think it tastes better but its also better for you!  I'm sure you all know that Alfredo sauce is not exactly good for you...but how many of you LOVE it?  Me too, I mean how could you not?  Well this is just as good, you have to try it.  Its a goat cheese based sauce and its light and super delicious and SO FAST!  This recipe takes just about as long as it takes you to boil your noodles, how awesome is that???  And yes, you could leave out the asparagus or you could replace it with another veggie if you are a asparagus hater like Logan.  Just so everyone knows if it were me rating this one, it'd be a slam dunk 5 stars all the way! Seriously if you're looking for a quick, simple and super delicious pasta this is for you!
ENJOY!

Pasta with Goat Cheese and Asparagus
2 bunches asparagus (I used one and it was plenty)
5 T unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
(I used brummel & brown butter spread)
12 oz cavatappi or other short pasta
5 oz fresh goat cheese
2-3 T snipped fresh chives for garnish

Preheat oven to 450.  Place asparagus on a baking sheet; dot with 2 T butter (I used olive oil) and season with S&P.  Roast until tender, 10-15 min. Remove from oven and cut into 2 in pieces.

Meanwhile, bring large pot of water to boil; cook pasta until al dente.  Reserve 1 1/2 cups pasta water; drain pasta and return to pot. 
In a bowl, combine goat cheese, remaining 3 T butter , and 1/2 cup reserved pasta water.  Season with S&P and whisk until smooth.

Add goat cheese mixture and asparagus to pot; toss with pasta to combine, adding enough additional pasta water to create a thin sauce.  Garnish with chives.
Serves 4.

Logan Rating: *** 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!