Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Supper Club Dessert

Hello everyone, I am back from a fun birthday weekend and since I am so faithful and obsessed with this blog   I am getting caught up before I will allow myself to cook tonights meal.  Logan isn't super happy about this, but lets face it, he won't starve.  So here is what I made for supper club last week.  The theme was fruit, and while at first I thought NO dessert, because everyone will make dessert.  I realized that everyone would be thinking the same thing I was and then no one would make dessert.  Guess what?  I was right!  This was the only dessert.  It was accompanied by a caprese salad (because tomatoes are a fruit...sort of), goat cheese stuffed figs, baked brie with apples and prosciutto, elk with a plum sauce, baked pears with an awesome filling...I think that was everything.  You can see why we love supper club so much, the food is so amazing, what a great group of people.  Anyway back to this lovely pear dessert.  I do apologize for the picture, the pears browned in the cooking process.  The recipe didn't say to do anything for this and of course their picture is perfect and NOT brown....so I'm thinking next time I'll use a little lemon juice.  Try it for me and see what happens, and then let me know.  This was really good, it seemed to be a hit at supper club so hopefully it would be a hit with your friends/family also!

Pear Custard Pie
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pie dish
3 ripe but firm pears, peeled, halved and cored (oops I forgot to peel mine)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
confectioners sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 350.  Butter a 9in baking dish.  Slice pears 1/4 in thick.  Arrange slices overlapping slightly.
In a blender process butter, sugar, flour, vanilla, eggs, milk and salt until smooth.
Pour batter over pears; bake until golden and firm to touch about 40-45 min.  Serve warm or at room temp.

Logan Rating: ***





No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!