Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, December 30, 2010

CHRISTMAS DINNER!

Well here is the Christmas spread of 2010!  
For quite some time now our Xmas tradition is Prime rib and crab legs.
We do both because my mom is not a meat eater, and we like her a little bit.
Look at all the Ghee!  Holy butter, RIGHT?!
Luckily for my waistline most of that was still there after dinner also. 
Yorkshire pudding (which is the bread like thing in the top left corner of the table) is also a Xmas staple.
I was in charge of sides this year, so all of the sides were from the blog.
And they were all delicious.  
The mushrooms were the only new recipe that I used.  
I also made the glazed carrots and horseradish mashed potatoes, which I've already blogged about here and here.
So here is the mushroom recipe...

Sauteed Mushrooms with Thyme
2 T butter
1 T olive oil
1 small shallot, minced
1 1/2 lbs small white mushrooms, halved
S&P
1 tsp minced fresh thyme
1/4 cup dry red or white wine...or water(I used red)

In a skillet over med-low heat melt butter with oil.   Add shallot; cook, stirring until soft about 5 min.
Raise heat to medium and add mushrooms; season with S&P.  Cook, covered until mushrooms release their liquid, 5-6 min.
Uncover; raise heat to high.  Cook tossing until liquid evaporates and mushrooms are browned, 3-5 min.  Add thyme and wine.  Cook until skillet is almost dry, 1 min.  
Serves 4.


MMMMMM Prime rib by uncle Dug!

Crab legs!
There were many more...this was after we dug in!

And last but DEFINITELY not least...Yorkshire pudding...this stuff is incredible and always reminds me of the holidays at HOME!

Paige Rating: Mushrooms-****


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!