Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Friday, December 3, 2010

More Pork!!!

This is the second showing of the stuffed pork, I told you we liked this recipe!
This time I served it with some glazed carrots and some Cashman favorite potatoes.
Well they have actually only been a Cashman fave for like 6 months, but still!
My dad actually taught me this recipe...if you know my dad, you know how incredibly ridiculous that sounds.
But really, he did...he had it at my Aunt and Uncles cabin and loved it.
Luckily it had less than 5 ingredients and really doesn't take any skill...this is why my dad was able to teach it to me.  
You have to try this potato cooking method...I'm serious, they are so moist and tender you will never go back to plain old boiling, EVER.  Unless you're crazy...
I'm not going to put the pork recipe on here again, because you can look back at the previous post about it, but I will share the carrots and potatoes with you all...
Also there will be no Logan rating, because as you all know he's a creep and doesn't eat cooked veggies...so I will give you all MY rating! :)
ENJOY!

Glazed Carrots
9 carrots, quartered and cut into 2 inch lengths
1 T sugar
2 T butter (I used less)
1/2 tsp coarse salt
fresh ground pepper

In a skillet bring carrots, sugar, butter salt and 1/2 cup water to boil.  Reduce heat and simmer partly covered, 6 min.
Cook uncovered, over high heat, tossing often until tender, 3-4 min.  Season with pepper.  
Serves 4. 

Paige's Potatoes
Ok Ok so they aren't mine, but it sounds good doesn't it???
1 lb baby red potatoes, whole (I quartered mine because they were NOT baby)
1-2 cups chicken broth
S&P

Place the potatoes and chicken broth into a deep skillet.  Use enough broth to almost cover the potatoes, you might need more than 2 cups.  Cook on med-high heat, covered, until broth is completely evaporated.  (about 10 min...I'm guessing...)  Now let the potatoes sautee in the pan (add some olive oil if you want) until lightly browned.  Season with S&P and any other herbs you like with your potatoes like rosemary.  


Paige Rating: Carrots ****
Logan and Paige rating for Potatoes *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!