Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pre Thanksgiving meal catch up

SO yes, I am ashamed...because this meal was made about 2 weeks ago.  So I'm sorry, I know, I suck...but I'll make it up to you all I swear!
So this is actually something that I made prior to starting this blog and it was just as good the second time.
We love coconut, if you don't, then we don't like you!
Well thats not true, but you probably won't like this meal.
The main thing I like about this is that it is quick and easy and it makes a lot so you will have plenty of leftovers.
Well, unfortunately since I made this so long ago, I don't remember any of the things I wanted to tell all of you..SORRY...I promise its easy though...TRY IT!
ENJOY!

Coconut Shrimp Soup
1 T vegetable oil
1 T grated fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 to 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 lb carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
1 can coconut milk ( I used lite)
1 T cornstarch
4 oz angel hair pasta
1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled deveined and tails removed
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
salt
4 scallions, thinly sliced

Heat oil in large saucepan over medium low heat.  Add ginger garlic and pepper flakes: cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 min.  Add the carrots, coconut milk, and 3 cups of water.  In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and 2 T water until smooth; add to the pot.  Bring to a boil.


Break pasta in half; add to pot.  Return to a boil.  Reduce the heat to med and simmer until pasta is al dente and carrots are just tender, 3-4 min.
Add shrimp; stir until opaque, about 1 min.  Remove pot from heat and stir in lime juice; season with salt.  Ladle into serving bowls, garnish with scallions.
Serves 4.

Logan Rating: ***





No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!