Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Friday, December 3, 2010

Brown rice pasta

I shouldn't blog on an empty stomach...my mouth is watering!
So have you ever tried brown rice pasta?  I hadn't until this and I must say I really liked it!
It was a little different, but it had a great heartiness to it, I didn't feel like I was just eating a huge pile of empty carbs...and isn't it all about making myself feel better about eating the things I love!?? :)
Well you should try it...and let me know what you think.  They are a little more expensive, but I kind of think they are worth it...what do you think?
Anyway this pasta was DELICIOUS!  
I really think you can't go wrong with pasta, it should probably be its own food group...
But this one was exceptional.
In fact I wanted it so bad, I busted out the inside grill pan just to make it.
I served it with an awesome salad with a buttermilk dressing, that will be in one of the next blogs.
The picture doesn't do it justice, but this was SO good.  
ENJOY!

Grilled Tomato Linguine 
3 lbs plum tomatoes cored and halved lengthwise
5 T olive oil
1 T chopped fresh thyme or 1  tsp dried
S&P
1 lb linguine
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan

Heat a grill to high.  In a bowl, toss tomatoes with 3 T oil and thyme; season generously with S&P.
Starting with cut sides down, grill tomatoes until soft and charred 8-10 min per side.
Return to the bowl and cut into coarse pieces with kitchen shears.
Meanwhile cook linguine, drain and return to pot.
Add remaining 2 T olive oil, the parmesan and grilled tomatoes.  
Serve with more parm if desired.
Serves 4.

Logan Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!