Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Friday, December 3, 2010

Done catching up!

I've discovered something about myself. 
I love meals that require me to put everything into one pan and throw that pan in the oven.
Well don't actually throw it...come on you know better!
But really, don't you all love that too?  
It feels so quick and easy even if you do have to wait a while for it to cook.
This is one of those meals, so naturally, I LOVE IT!
It also tastes pretty good, which doesn't hurt.
I was very surprised that I liked this actually, because I'm really not a big artichoke person.
Especially out of a can.
Because canned vegetables kind of freak me out.
But this recipe is really good, and while Logan did not touch the chokes, I ate almost ALL of mine!
Thats a good sign people, that means even if you are not a HUGE choke person...artichoke that is...
You might still LOVE this meal!
The herb sauce was such a great finishing touch to this one, don't skip it, or you will be sorry.
ENJOY!

Salmon with Potato Artichoke Hash
8 new red potatoes, scrubbed and sliced 1/4 in thick.
1 can artichoke hearts in water, halved
1 T fresh thyme leaves, or 1/4tsp dried
1 tsp olive oil
S&P
1 1/2 lbs skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
1 T dijon mustard 
1 T white wine vinegar
1/2 cup packed coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
1 T water

Preheat oven to 475.  Toss together potatoes, artichokes, thyme, 1/2 tsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper into a roasting pan.  Push vegetables to side of pan.  Arrange salmon in center of pan, and gently press them together to form one long piece.  Coat with remaining 1/2 tsp oil and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.  Roast, turning vegetables once until lightly browned and tender and salmon is opaque throughout, about 20 min.
Meanwhile, make sauce; stir together mustard, vinegar, parsley and water; season with salt and pepper.  
Gently separate salmon pieces.  Serve on top of hash, spooning parsley sauce over fish.
Serves 4. 

Logan Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!