Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Monday, December 20, 2010

Back! For now...

I'm a lazy blogger.  
I want to apologize again to all that read this blog.
I get so sad when the blogs that I read religiously haven't posted in a while...
So I know how you feel.  And I am very sorry.  I don't mean to make you sad.
I've been in MN now for almost a week and I wish I could say I have been busy,
but that wouldn't be true at all.
I've just been lazy.
So now, with the parents off to work, I'm taking some time to catch you all up.
I honestly have not cooked in a while...almost two weeks...
can you believe it?  I CAN'T!
With Logan gone for the winter, it just hasn't been much fun cooking for one.
And now at home, well we have been doing a lot of eating out...
Which is terrible...there will be more cooking soon...I PROMISE!
Just last night we made some baked chicken, roasted asparagus and mushrooms, and boiled potatoes...
pretty delicious, but none of the recipes were from this challenge.  
SORRY!
So what I will do is catch you up on some recipes that I made prior to Logan leaving for the winter...
I know it was a long time ago, but won't you forgive me, PLEASE??
ENJOY!

Chicken with Prosciutto and Sage
1/4 cup flour
S&P
4 fresh whole sage leaves, plus 4 minced leaves
4 chicken cutlets
4 slices thinly sliced prosciutto
4 tsp olive oil
3/4 cup dry white wine
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 T cold butter

Stir together flour, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Set aside.
Lay 1 sage leaf on each cutlet, then wrap in prosciutto around the middle of each cutlet.  Flatten with the palm of your hand to help prosciutto adhere.  Dredge chicken in flour and tap off excess.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tsp of oil over med high.  Cook 2 at a time until golden brown and cooked through, 3-4 min per side.  
Add wine and broth to skillet; cook over high until reduced by 3/4, about 2 min.  Remove from heat and let cool 1 min.  Add butter and minced sage; stir until butter is melted, about 30 seconds.  Spoon sauce onto plates, top with cutlets.  
Serves 4.
Yeah, I put ice cubes in my white wine!
What of it???

Sauteed Spinach with Golden raisens
1 T olive oil
1 1/2 lbs spinach
1/4 cup golden raisens
S&P

(I had regular raisins so I used those...also sorry I have no pics of this one.)
Warm oil in skillet, cook spinach in 3 additions, letting first batch wilt before adding more.  Toss often until completely wilted, 3-4 min total.  Stir in raisins.  Season with salt and pepper.
Serves 4.

I served this with left over rice pilaf...delicious!  Love me some pilaf!

Logan Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!