Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Monday, December 20, 2010

Twist on a club...leftover #1

Hopefully someone is reading this...
and you all haven't abandoned me.
This is a really good lunch option...and is the first of two things I did with the pork roast leftovers. 
Remember the pork?  It was a while ago, but only a couple blog posts back...check it out...I promised leftover recipes, so FINALLY here they are.  Again, Sorry!
I absolutely loved this.
I never really make leftovers into anything, I tend to just eat them, how they are for lunch.  
I would have just eaten that pork with the fig sauce for a lunch if it weren't for this handy cookbook and the leftover ideas that it offers me.  
One of the many amazing things I love about these cookbooks!
Very easy and very quick and definitely a filling and delicious lunch.
I used turkey bacon...I know what your thinking but this kind is really good, I'm not lying I swear...
but don't take my word for it, try it yourself!
ENJOY!

Roasted Pork Club with Scallion Mayo
8 slices bacon 
1/2 cup mayo
4 scallions, minced
S&P
12 slices whole wheat bread lightly toasted
3/4 lb roasted pork loin, sliced (from previous meal)
1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
1 cup alfalfa sprouts (skipped this)
8 thin slices swiss cheese (used white cheddar)
Dill pickles for serving.
Makes 4 sandwiches. 

Cook bacon and drain fat.  Mix together mayo and scallions; season with salt and pepper.
 
Spread one side of each bread slice with mayo.  Layer 4 bread slices with pork and avocado; layer another 4 slices with sprouts, bacon and cheese.  Stack layers, then top with remaining bread.  Half with a serrated knife, if desired.
Serve with dill pickle if desired.

Logan Rating: ****

2 comments:

  1. Dammmmmm girl, that sandwich looks so good. I want it in my belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good! I wish I was there...I'd make it for you and that little BOY in your belly! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!