Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving?  Are you all still stuffed to the brim?  Thats how I feel, like I could probably not eat for days...but thats not stopping me. :)
Well I have no pictures to share with you and I am sorry for that, but I wanted to post the recipes that we made this year.  Nothing from the cookbooks for this blog, but thought you might find it interesting anyway.  

My uncle Dug does most of the cooking, but he is slowly passing the responsibilities onto me, which scares the crap out of me!  Thank god he hasn't passed on the turkey yet...I'm hoping I have a few more years before that. So anyway he did the turkey, dressing, rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy.  My mom and I made cornbread corn and coleslaw from the regular annual thanksgiving menu and then we added a couple more for variety this year.
Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Maple Hickory Nuts
First, these Brussels sprouts, which were pretty awesome in my opinion!  
Recipe here.
Picture of Caramelized Butternut Squash Recipe
And then also this butternut squash.  Which was ABSOLUTELY delicious!
And then for dessert we made...
Picture of Chocolate-Almond Torte Recipe
This Chocolate Almond Torte...here
And of course...the classic...
Picture of The Ultimate Caramel Apple Pie Recipe
And ours looked almost as good as these pics! :)
Hopefully you all had a great thanksgiving with family and friends!  
Personally, I can't wait for Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Upgrade on the photos!!!

    A little natural light can do the body good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Dan thats because all of these photos are from the foodnetwork website! :) I wish I were that good!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!