Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Stuffed Pork

Happy Thanksgiving Eve to all!!!
This meal is somewhat thanksgivingy...it has squash and stuffing (of sorts).  
The pork is KILLER!  In a good way!
I was a little worried, because I had never heard of bulgur wheat and then when I bought it I thought, this is supposed to make a good stuffing?? NO WAY!
But boy was I wrong!  This was delicious!  In fact it was so delicious that I made it again last nigh! But thats another post....
The squash was also delicious in my opinion, my cooked vegetable hating fiancee was not a fan.
I used a golden nugget squash, mainly because I loved the name, but also because I couldn't find a butternut squash.  Can you believe that??  
Anyway I really liked this golden nugget, it tasted very pumpkiny...more made up words, sorry!  If you like squash you will like this recipe no matter what kind of squash you use.  It's pretty standard.
ENJOY!!!!

P.S.  I'm leaving for MN today and so won't be blogging for a few days!  I do have some recipes to catch you all up on when I get back though, so have no fear.  
HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

Pork Chops with Bulgur Stuffing
2/3 medium grain bulgur wheat
1/4 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
1 large egg
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground ginger
S&P
1/4 cup sliced almonds
2 scallions, thinly sliced
4 boneless pork chops
1 T olive oil

Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat source.  Place bulgur and apricots in a fine sieve set in a bowl; cover with boiling water, and let soak 5 min.  Drain and rinse with cool water; press on bulgur and apricots to remove excess water. 
In a large bowl, whisk together egg, cumin, ginger, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Add almonds, scallions, and drained bulgur and apricots; mix to combine. 

To stuff pork chops, make a deep slit in each pork chop, being careful not to cut all the way through.  Fill with stuffing, dividing evenly.  Place pork chops on a baking sheet.  Rub with oil; season with S&P.  Broil, without turning, until pork reaches 160, about 12-15 min.  


Serves 4.

Butternut Squash with Sage
2 T butter
2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4 in pieces
S&P
1 T chopped fresh sage

Melt butter in a skillet over med heat.  Add squash season with S&P.  Cook tossing frequently until squash is lightly browned, 5-6 min.  


Add 1/4 cup water and reduce heat to a simmer.  Cover and cook until squash is fork tender, 8-10 min.
Serves 4.

Logan Rating: Pork *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!