Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Sunday, November 21, 2010

It may be hard to tell by this picture, but this is not your ordinary enchilada.  
This is a PUMPKIN enchilada.
I know what your thinking...EW! 
But I'm telling you they are amazing!
I was skeptical in the beginning also, but one bite and I was hooked!
Don't get me wrong I still love your good ole regular enchilada, BUT I will mix it up every once in a while with this recipe FOR SURE.  
It has great flavor and decent spice, I would probably add another jalapeno next time for some extra bite.  
But for the most part this is a pretty perfect recipe, WEIRD, but perfect!
ENJOY!

Enchiladas with Pumpkin Sauce
1/2 roast or rotisserie chicken, skin removed, meat shredded ( I used 2 bone in breasts)
6 scallions, thinly sliced
S&P
1 can (15oz) pumpkin puree
4 garlic cloves
1 jalapeno, quartered
1 tsp chili powder
8 corn tortillas
1 1/2 cups grated sharp white cheddar

Preheat oven to 425.  In a med bowl, combine chicken and scallions.  Season generously with S&P, set aside.


In a blender, puree pumpkin, garlic, jalapeno, chili powder, 2 1/2 cups water, 2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper until smooth.  Pour 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 8inch square baking dish (or whatever you have).
Lay tortillas on a work surface; mound chicken mixture on half of each tortilla, dividing evenly.  Roll up each tortilla into a tight log; place seam side down over sauce in baking dish.

Pour remaining sauce on top; sprinkle with cheese.  Place dish in oven bake until golden and sauce is bubbling, 25-30 min.  Let cool for 5 min before serving.



Logan Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!