Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Sunday, September 12, 2010

They are so good, but I'm so ashamed!

Well these brownies were pretty much amazing, however I'm a tad ashamed because they were not low fat in the least...way too much butter!  But it's ok, you have to indulge every once in a while right?  And I didn't eat them all by myself...these are the things I tell myself to make it OK.  Anyway I made these brownies for the Vikings game last week, along with homemade sourdough pretzels and buffalo bites.  It was a very delicious spread!  Now I decided to leave the nuts out of this brownie recipe mainly because while not all brownie eaters like nuts in their brownies all brownie eaters like no nuts in their brownies, it really just felt like the safe move.  So you choose, nuts or no nuts.  
ENJOY!

Fudgy Brownies
1/2 cup unsalted butter (yikes)
8 oz semisweet chocolate
1 1/4 cups sugar (double yikes)
3/4 tsp salt
3 large eggs
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.  Line 8 in square baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on two sides; butter the foil.

Place butter and chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water; heat stirring frequently until almost melted.  Remove from heat; stir until completely melted.


Whisk sugar and salt into chocolate mixture until smooth; whisk in eggs until combined.  Gently whisk in flour just until smooth (do not overmix).  Fold in nuts, if desired.  
Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.  Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, 45-50 min.  Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Use foil to lift brownie from pan; peel off foil and discard.  Cut into 16 squares.

Logan Rating: ****

Here are the sourdough pretzels that we made...these were awesome.  Here is the recipe I used, http://foppish-baker.blogspot.com/2005/12/sourdough-pretzels.html


2 comments:

  1. how do you make sourdough starter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is SO easy!!! Mix 1 cup of water with one cup of flour and leave it sit in a container where it can breath. After 24 hours, remove half of the mixture and toss it and then add another cup of water and another cup of flour. Keep doing this until you get lots of tiny bubbles and a "sour" smell to your mixture (about 3-5 days). I used the youtube "follow the sourdough" videos, here is a link (just in case I missed something)...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpeijFtGO1I.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!