Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Monday, September 6, 2010

Abundances of Zucchini!

Look at this THING!  We have TONS of zucchini, it is mildly ridiculous!  And what makes it even more ridiculous is not only do we have many many of them but they are all GIGANTIC!  I used this one zucchini for this recipe that called for 3 medium zucchinis and this isn't even the biggest one...they are mutants!  So needless to say we are in need of lots of zucchini applications.  Soup was my first idea, because it has been very fall like the last few days and a nice warm bowl of soup sounded fantastic.


So this curried zucchini soup was what I found.  I'm not sure if you know this about me or not, but I love soup!  I love making soup, I love eating soup, I love bathing in soup...ok so the last one is untrue, but essentially I LOVE SOUP!  And this one did not disappoint.  It has a great heat to it from the curry and yet a really fresh flavor from the zucchini.  The texture is perfect and the almonds on top are the perfect accompaniment.  I'm telling you guys, this is a must eat fall soup, so TRY IT!  ENJOY!

Curried Zucchini Soup
1 T olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
Salt
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp curry powder (I added an extra 1/2tsp)
1 1/2 lbs zucchini (about 3 med) sliced 1 in thick
1 baking potato, peeled and cut into 1 in chunks
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted for garnish

Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.  Add onion and 1 T salt; cook stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft, about 4-5 min.  Add garlic and curry powder; cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 1 min.


Add zucchini, potato, and 4 cups water.  Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer until veggies are tender, about 10-15 min.
In batches, puree the soup in a blender (do not fill more than halfway) until smoooth; serve immediately.
  Garnish with toasted almonds.


Serves 4.  (I have at least 4 servings leftover...)

Logan Rating: *****



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!