Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Friday, September 10, 2010

BBQ, before its too late!



Ok so I'm sorry it has been a few days, but now that I'm back to school it is much more difficult to keep up with this blog.  Don't you worry though, I'm still cooking so the posts will most likely be caught up on the weekends if you haven't seen a post for a while.  
So this meal we had last Saturday night, I believe, with our friends Kate and Dave.  Kate accompanied my chicken and corn salad with roasted potatoes and fresh veggies and we had a super delicious meal.  So this is another BBQ sauce recipe, which is very similar to the last and I really can't tell you which I like better, but both are absolutely awesome!  I'm telling you I will never again buy BBQ sauce, unless there is some kind of BBQ emergency, its just SO easy.  The corn salad was also VERY easy, but I would say it was just OK, nothing special, but if you like corn salad I bet you'd like this recipe.
ENJOY!

BBQ Chicken
1 tsp hot sauce (add more to taste)
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
3 T dijon
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup ketchup
1 cut up chicken (3lbs) or just use boneless skinless breasts
1 T oil, plus more for grates
S&P

Heat grill to med.  Simmer first 7 ingredients in a saucepan over med heat for 5-7 min.
In a large bowl, toss chicken in oil; season well with S&P
Lightly oil grates; place chicken on the grill.  Cover the grill; cook, turning frequently, until the temp is 165, about 10-15 min.  Uncover grill; continue cooking, basting frequently with sauce, 3-4 min more. 
Serves 4.

Corn and radish salad
coarse salt
4 ears corn
6 radishes
1 jalapeno
2 T lime juice
1 T olive oil 

In a large pot of boiling water, cook corn until tender.  Remove ears and hold under cold water until completely cool.  Working in a large bowl, slice kernals from the cob.  Toss with radishes, jalapeno, lime juice and olive oil.  Season generously with salt.  


Serves 4.

Logan Rating: 
Chicken: ***
Salad: **


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!