Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Friday, September 3, 2010

More Pasta...not homemade though...

Alright folks, here is some more pasta for you.  We don't actually eat that much pasta so its weird to have two posts in a row about pasta.  Maybe thats all I've been thinking about after the homemade pasta!  I haven't figured out a way to do curly pastas or shells or anything, I feel like I may need another contraption.  I'll keep you posted on that progress, but for now this is boxed whole wheat pasta.  One of my favorite pasta adornments is PESTO, so this recipe was really exciting to me.  In fact pesto was the first real culinary adventure that I tackled and once I realized how simple it was it gave me the courage to keep trying more things.  So hopefully it does the same for you.  This was a very interesting, I would, have never thought to put potatoes in my pasta, but it really works.  Give it a try!  Adjust the garlic to your taste, I added quite a bit more.  ENJOY!

Pasta with Pesto, Potatoes, and Green Beans
2 waxy potatoes 
S&P
8oz cavatappi or other tubular pasta
8oz green beans, trimmed and halved (i used frozen)
1/2 cup pesto (store bought or recipe below)

Peel and cut potatoes into 1 in cubes; place in large pot of water and bring to a boil. 

Add 1 T salt and the pasta; return to a boil and cook for 2 min.  


Add green beans.  Return to a boil; cook until the veggies are tender and the pasta is al dente according to package directions.  
Drain; toss with the pesto and season with S&P.

Serves 4.

Pesto
1/2 cup pine nuts
4 cups fresh basil or parsley, loosely packed ( I like basic pesto better)
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
1 garlic clove (or more)
S&P
1/2 cup olive oil

Toast pine nuts in the oven or on the stovetop.  (I skip the step sometimes and it still tastes great)
Combine all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.

Makes 1 1/4 cups.

Logan Rating: **


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!