Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Crispy Pork Chops

There is a serious lack of pictures for this meal, so I apologize for that, but it was made in a huge time crunch. I had about 30 min to get this prepped and cooked, and I DID IT!  So obviously this is a really quick meal, but it is also a really delicious meal, which just goes to show you don't have to slave for hours in the kitchen to eat great.  Just like I've been saying this whole time, these recipes are so simple and so quick, how else could I cook over 120 recipes in less than 5 months?  You can do it too!!  I served this pork chop with some leftover snap peas and carrots I had, just made a simple glaze, they were delicious!  You could also serve this with rice, couscous or an orzo salad.  The apricot jam really gives this pork chop an interesting tang and some extra flavor, I encourage you not to leave it out, its totally worth it!  
ENJOY!

Crispy Apricot Pork Chops
1 T olive oil
2 slices multigrain sandwich bread
4 bone in pork loin chops
S&P
4 tsp apricot jam

Preheat oven to 425.  Lightly brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil; set aside.
Tear the bread into large pieces; place in a food processor.  Pulse until large crumbs form.  Drizzle with oil; pulse once or twice, just until the crumbs are moistened. 
Season the pork with S&P.  Spread one side of each chop with 1 tsp jam.  Dividing evenly, sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the jam, pat them on gently.
Transfer pork, coated side up, to the baking sheet.  Bake until crust is golden and pork is opaque throughout, meat should be 150 degrees, about 14-16 min.  
Serves 4.

Logan Rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!