Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Easy Curry Chicken

Hello to all on this fantastic Saturday morning!  I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend so far, I know I am.  I love to just have a cup of coffee and blog about all the wonderful recipes I have been cooking over the past few days.  I'm going to use this opportunity to catch up so hopefully you will enjoy all the food I have to share with you.  It is still amazing to me that after this many recipes I haven't tired of this challenge!  I think it actually gets more exciting as the challenge goes on.  The closer I get to halfway, the more excited I get, what a feat that will be!  Anyway onto this recipe, curry chicken, how awesome and easy this recipe was.  I think I have mentioned before that we love curry in this house...not that it necessarily loves us, but what can ya do?!  Now this recipe did call for curry powder, which confused me because I don't know that I've ever seen mild, med, or hot curry powder.  Because of this confusion I used red curry paste that I had in the fridge, let me know if you have any idea what they meant by "medium to hot curry powder".  Anyway it was still really good with the curry paste, however I needed quite a bit to make it nice and spicy, I think I used about 1 1/2 T, maybe a little more even.  I decided to serve this with some brown rice, but the other accompaniments that they suggest are plain yogurt, raisins, toasted almonds or mango chutney.  
ENJOY!

Chicken Curry
2 T all purpose flour
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 T plus 2 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp medium to hot curry powder
salt
3/4 lb small red potatoes, cut into 1/2 in chunks
1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes with juice

Place flour on a plate, dredge chicken in flour.  IN a large nonstick pan, heat 1 T oil over med heat.  Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 3 min on each side.  Transfer to a bowl, set aside.
Heat remaining oil in pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring until onion is soft, about 5 min.  Stir in the curry powder (or paste) and 3/4 tsp salt; cook for 1 min.  
Add potatoes and 1 cup water, bring to a boil.  
Reduce heat to a simmer; cover and cook until the potatoes are just tender, about 7 min.  Stir in tomatoes and 1/4 cup water.  
Return chicken to the skillet along with any accumulated juices.  Simmer, covered until chicken is cooked through, 12-15 min.  Serve hot, with desired accompaniments. 
Serves 4. 

Logan Rating: ***









No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!