Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sometimes I think I'm a real chef...

Doesn't this look delicious!?  Well if you said yes, you are correct, because it was!  Sometimes when I'm cooking meals like this I feel like I'm in a real restaurant...ok so maybe I'm crazy, but look at it, doesn't it look professional!?  This was so easy, I'm not kidding and it was actually really nice to have a meal that had no starch.  Don't worry though, if you need the starch you could always serve this with some rice.  The recipe calls for cod, which is what I used, but you could really use any kind of white flaky fish if you can't find cod.  
ENJOY!

Cod with Leeks and Tomatoes
2 med leeks, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 T olive oil
3 sprigs thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
S&P
2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
4 cod fillets, each 6-8 oz

Preheat the oven to 450.  In a 9x13 in baking dish, toss together leeks, lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, thyme, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.  Cover with foil, bake until leeks just begin to soften, 8-10 min.  
Remove baking dish from the oven.  Add the tomatoes, toss to combine.  Season with both sides of the cod fillets with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; place on top of veggies.  
Cover dish and bake until fish is opaque throughout, 15-20 min.  
Serves 4. 

Logan Rating: ***





No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!