Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Friday, August 6, 2010

I'm BACK!

Hello blogging world!!!  So sorry it has been so long!  I just returned back to Montana from traveling all over the country.  What a blast I had spending time with family and friends.  While I did little to no cooking on my vacation, I did it a ton of great food and I'm sad to say I took no pictures of any of it!  Well you will just have to trust me, it was great! :)
So lets do some food blogging!  I will share with you the few recipes, but didn't have time to blog before I left.  Then I promise I'll be back on track for a little while.  I'm headed to the grocery store in just a little bit and can't wait to get back into the kitchen!
So here is an awesome enchilada recipe I made a few weeks ago, hope you like it.
Ok so these enchiladas were made from the leftover pork that I had from the roasted pork loin with apples and leeks.  I had plenty of leftover, until my dog Rylie decided it looked very appetizing sitting on the counter all juicy and perfectly shredded.  I stepped out of the room for about 10 sec and came back to her on the counter chomping on some of my shredded pork!  I guess I can't blame her, it was delicious! :)  Anyway I still  had enough pork, but the enchiladas were just a little less packed than normal.  These were pretty awesome, however Logan and I decided that we still like the usual red sauce enchiladas better.  But give this one a try, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Pork Enchiladas with green sauce
2 T olive oil
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 lbs tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed and coarsely chopped
3/4 cup water
S&P
1 lb roasted pork tenderloin shredded
1 cup frozen corn kernels
12 corn tortillas (6in)
2 cups coarsely grated white cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 450.  Heat oil over medium and add onion and garlic.  Cook stirring until onion softens, about 5 min.  Add tomatillos and water.  Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer; cook until tomatillos are soft, about 5-7 min.

Transfer tomatillo mixture to a food processor and blend until smooth; season with s&p.  Combine pork with 1 cup tomatillo sauce and the corn; mix to combine.  Transfer remaining sauce to shallow bowl.
Hold each tortilla with tongs and heat over a gas burner until lightly charred (or heat is skillet).  Wrap tortillas in kitchen towels to keep warm.  

Working with one tortilla at a time, dip in sauce, place on work surface, and fill with 1/4 cup pork mixture and 1 T cheese.  Roll up and arrange seam side down, in a 9x13 in baking dish.  Top with remaining sauce, pork mixture and cheese, cover with aluminum foil.

Bake until sauce is bubbling, about 15-20 min.  Remove foil and continue to bake until cheese is browned, about 15 min more.  Let cool 10 min. Serves 6.

Logan Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!