Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Breakfast Smoothie!

So, are you a smoothie person?  I guess I should be, since I have the magic bullet blender and smoothies are one of its specialties.  But I really don't make them very often.  Every time I do make one I think to myself, why don't I do this more often?  What do you think it is, time, or maybe the fact that its a liquid meal.  Maybe a combo of both, who knows...anyway this smoothie was EASY, as most are.  But I won't lie it is a bit different.  At first I didn't think I liked it, but the more I drank the better it got.  And by the time the smoothie was gone, I again thought, I have to do this more often.  So who knows, maybe I will be making these before school...I'll let you know.  Oh and just a quick note, I used vanilla yogurt in place of plain because I LOATHE plain yogurt, how can anyone eat that stuff???

Banana Oat Smoothie
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup plain yogurt
2 ripe bananas cut into thirds
1 cup milk
4 tsp honey
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Makes 2.


Logan Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!