Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Still Cooking...seafood!

I feel like I'm back on track with this blogging thing and then in one week I'll be off jet setting again and then school starts, ugh hopefully I can keep this up.  If the meals continue to be this quick and easy, I'm sure I can. This one was especially quick and I swear even a "spaghettios only cook" could do it.  It took me less than 20 min to complete the whole meal and took really no skill at all.  I absolutely love chili powder, it adds such a nice smoky bite to this dish.  Make sure to try the corn salsa with the fish, it really helps round out the flavors! ENJOY!

Chili-Rubbed Salmon with Zucchini and Sauteed Corn
4 Skinless Salmon fillets (6oz each)
S&P
2 tsp chili powder
1 lb medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise,cut crosswise into 3 in spears
1 T olive oil
10oz frozen corn
1 garlic clove
1/2 cup chopped scallions
1 cup prepared fresh tomato salsa
Lime wedges, for garnish (optional)

Heat broiler, set rack about 4 in from heat.  Rub salmon all over with s&p.  Arrange on rimmed baking sheet; sprinkle top of fillets with chili powder.  Arrange zucchini around salmon and sprinkle with remaining chili powder and season with S&P.
Broil until fish is opaque throughout and zucchini is tender, about 8-10min.

Meanwhile heat oil over high heat in a skillet.  Add corn and garlic, cook, tossing until corn is tender and beginning to brown, about 5 min.  Remove from heat and stir in scallions and salsa, season with S&P.

Serves 4.

Logan Rating: ****


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!