Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to the challenge, food on the grill!

So back to the challenge.  I have had quite a busy month of August so far and the craziness is not over yet.  The soon to be in-laws were in town for about 5 days this past weekend and while I probably should have been cooking, we ended up doing a lot of eating out.  In my defense we were gone for the weekend as you know if you read the last post.  Well now I have less than 2 weeks left in the countdown to school and we are leaving for Florida to visit the in-laws next week.  YIKES, I'm nuts!  Anyway, I'm going to try to get some serious cooking done in the next week, before we head out AGAIN!  So this is the beginning of that, a very EASY grilling meal, which is definitely my go to this time of year.  This was exactly what we were craving last night and it was seriously so easy, I made it while watching the Twins game and I hardly missed a pitch.  Try it out and let me know what you think...before the snow falls and you can't grill anymore, its coming people!

Grilled Tuscan Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon
2 T chopped fresh rosemary or 1 T dried
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic
S&P
1 chicken cut into 8-10 pieces (or you could use breasts or whatever you want)
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

Heat grill to medium.  In a saucepan bring 1/3 cup water and rosemary to boil; remove from the heat cover and let steep for 5 min.  Transfer to blender; add oil and garlic season with salt and pepper.  Puree until smooth.
Combine chicken and rosemary oil in shallow dish and turn to coat.  Cover at room temperature for 15 min or overnight in fridge.  Remove chicken from marinade and place on the grill.  Cook basting frequently with lemon juice and turning as needed to prevent burning.  Cook 20-30 min.

Grilled Zucchini and Squash
2 zucchini
2 yellow squash
2 yellow peppers
1/4 cup olive oil
S&P
1/4 cup thinly sliced basil

Heat grill to medium.  Slice zucchini and squash 1/2 in thick on the diagonal.  Quarter the peppers and toss everything with olive oil and S&P.  Grill until tender 6-8 min per side, return veggies to bowl and toss with basil.
I actually used a grill basket to do these veggies, as you can see from the picture and I added an onion.  You could do any kind of veggies that you want, I though mushrooms would have been really good also. 

Enjoy this one, we did!

Logan Rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!