Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Super Simple Sloppy Joes

Back on the cooking bandwagon everyone!  I decided to start out with something quick and easy, because while I am home, we are super busy.  This meal definitely brought back some childhood memories.  While it was really good and tasted significantly lighter and fresher, I don't think anyone could top my mom's sloppy joes...probably because she puts so much love in them! hahaha barf right?!  But really, kudos mom, you can cook a mean sloppy joe!  Don't get me wrong people, this is a delicious recipe, so try it out!  I used ground turkey instead of beef, because its leaner and well it's what I had in the freezer.  ENJOY!

Sloppy Joes
1 T oil
1 medium onion finely chopped
1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
S&P
1 lb ground beef
1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
1/4 cup ketchup
1 T worcestershire
4 hamburger buns


In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.  Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic; season with salt and pepper.  Cook, stirring frequently until veggies are softened, 5-7 min. 
Add ground beef to skillet, cook, breaking up meat until it is no longer pink, 6-8 min. 
Stir tomato sauce, ketchup and worcestershire into beef mixture.  Simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally, 6-8 min.  
Season mixture with more salt and pepper, as desired.  Spoon onto buns and serve immediately. 
Serves 4.

Logan Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!