Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pico De Gallo

There is NOTHING better than fresh salsa, but second best I would say is fresh pico de gallo.
Honestly, I've never made this, I've purchased it in the store or at markets several times...not cool, I know.
I can't believe I've never made this before, it's so fast and easy and it is so much better than the packaged stuff...what was I ever thinking???
I got the inkling to make this after reading a segment out of one of my America's Test Kitchen books. 
They give recommendations on products as well as give us awesome recipes.
They recommend chips, sauces, utensils, pretty much everything you can think of and when it came to salsas they literally said they could not recommend ANY store bought salsas.  Even salsa made with canned tomatoes at home is better...that was eye opening to me.  No wonder I love homemade salsa so much.
Which by the way, my mother makes a mean homemade salsa, I will share that recipe with you all someday.
Anyway, put this pico on ANYTHING, it was simple and tasty, loved it!

ENJOY!
Pico De Gallo
3 roma tomatoes, or one large beefsteak tomato
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2-1 jalapeno with ribs and seeds removed (or leave them in for more heat)
2 T chopped green onions
S&P to taste
1/4 tsp garlic salt
Basically mix everything together in a bowl...taste and adjust flavors as necessary. 
EASY and DELICIOUS!




YUM!





2 comments:

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!