Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, August 9, 2012

I made this...kind of

Contrary to popular belief, Yes, I am alive and well.  
I've been working, and on vacation and working out and drinking and attending weddings.
And despite all of those excuses, really the truth is, I've just been a totally lazy cook.
Eating bagged salads and frozen pre-made turkey burgers *Gasp* and anything that is quick and easy.
I know what your thinking, Paige you always say how quick and easy your recipes are...
Well my aren't we observant, yes you are right, they are easy, but I told you, I've been lazy!
I'm ashamed, and I will try harder, starting NOW!
This was dinner tonight, cucumber salad with a turkey cheese burger.
Yes that is the aforementioned frozen turkey burger, HEY I said I was trying!
 Rome wasn't built in a day people!
This cucumber salad is a recipe from one cookbook in a set of "American Test Kitchen" books I received as a gift from my culinary master uncle Dug!
As I was paging through I saw this recipe and it hit a childhood nerve of mine (we always had some sort of vinegar cucumber salad around the house) I just had to try it. 
Not to mention its about 96 degrees in my house and I needed something light and fresh.
The turkey burger has all the fixin's and is resting on a low carb tortilla instead of a bun, yes I'm weird, but trust me its tasty!
Here is the cucumber salad recipe, and next time I'll make my own burger, sheesh.  Baby steps!
Creamy Dill Cucumber Salad
1 cup sour cream
3 T cider vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/4 cup minced fresh dill
S&P to taste
3 medium cucumbers (sliced, salted, and drained-see illustration below)
1/2 medium red onion, sliced very thin, salted and drained with cucumbers
Kinda hard to read, but you get the idea, your essentially trying to get excess liquid out.
Whisk sour cream, vinegar, sugar, dill, and S&P in a medium bowl.  Add cucumbers and onion: toss to coat.  Serve chilled, adjusting seasonings if necessary. 
YUM!
Serves 4.



1 comment:

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!