Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Monday, August 13, 2012

Easy, healthy, good

This meal is nothing special, but in the interest of full disclosure, this is what I made for dinner last night.
My original intention was to marinate this hunk of salmon and then grill it, but as 7:00pm rolled around last night I realized that effort was futile. However, fresh fish does not stay fresh for very often...especially when you live in MT and it was frozen before it became "fresh" again.  So I decided to still BBQ it as planned, but instead of a tasty marinade I opted for a very simply solution, slather it in BBQ sauce.  And it payed off because it was delicious!  I served it with the leftover cucumber salad and some red grapes.  Extremely healthy, light and surprisingly filling.  Just thought I would share with you all a new way (at least to me) to make salmon. Try it, you won't be sorry.

I grilled this on a gas grill, but it would be just as tasty if not more tasty on a charcoal grill.  To get the indirect heat effect on the gas grill I turned on burner on, but put the fish over a different burner.  This heats up the grill and then cooks it almost like an oven would.  Timing will be different depending on how hot your grill gets, cook the salmon until it is opaque and flakes off with a fork.  

Have a fabulous Monday!

1 comment:

  1. sounds great! Got some salmon and some wee willies, good to go!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!