Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Light Chicken Salad

Happy Saturday to you all.  
I'm drinking coffee, lounging on the couch, and blogging..my favorite morning routine.
This chicken salad was something I made for lunch on Thursday (my day off) and it was tasty.
This is a perfect thing to make a lot of and then eat as leftovers for the entire week.
You won't get sick of it, because A) it delicious and B) you can eat it any number of ways.
You could eat it as pictured over a bed of greens, or on a sandwich, or in a wrap or by itself, maybe with some fresh fruit or with a bag of potato chips, really the possibilities are endless.
Did I mention that its also SUPER easy, and its fairly quick, the only thing that really takes time is cooking the chicken, which you could totally do ahead of time. 
This is yet another awesome fresh summer meal. 
I got it out of this cookbook, so its also super healthy, which you all know I love!
ENJOY!

Chicken Salad with Lemon-Yogurt Dressing
1 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
2 tsp grated lemon zest, plus 1 T fresh lemon juice
S&P
4 bone in skin on chicken breast halves (I used boneless skinless)
1/3 cup plain low fat yogurt
1 T plus 2 tsp olive oil
3 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
6oz mesclun aka fancy lettuce (about 6 cups)

Preheat oven to 425.  Rub tarragon, 1 tsp zest, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper under skin of chicken (or just all over if your using skinless).  Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet: roast until cooked through, about 30 min.  Remove from oven and let cool.
In a large bowl whisk together yogurt, 2 tsp oil, remaining 1 tsp zest, and 1 tsp lemon juice, season with salt.
When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove and discard skin and bones; thinly slice meat lengthwise.
Add to bowl, along with tomatoes and scallions; toss to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tsp lemon juice and 1 T oil.  Add mesclun; toss to coat.  Divide among four plates and top with chicken salad.
(I also drizzled my greens with about 1/2-1 tsp balsamic, I loved the extra tang)

Serves 4. 

Logan Rating: ***














1 comment:

  1. Your amazing...I love your simple yet attainable recipes

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!